MB ChB FRCP
Clinic assess times
- Royal Blackburn Hospital (RBH), Burnley General Hospital (BGH).
- General dermatology clinics new patients RBH
- General dermatology clinics follow up patients RBH
- Skin surgery RBH
- Skin cancer clinics BGH
- Vulval Dermatology clinics BGH (Gynaecology department)
Dr Caroline Owen has been a Consultant Dermatologist at East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust since 2002. She grew up in Lancashire and studied medicine at Bristol University. After 10 years in the South West she decided to specialise in Dermatology and returned to her Northern roots undertaking her specialist dermatology training in Sheffield and Manchester.
Dr Owen sees all aspects of general dermatology (conditions affecting the skin, hair and nails) including all skin cancers and has a special interest and expertise in vulval dermatology. She works closely with the Gynaecology team and is a member of the Urogynaecology service.
Dr Owen takes a keen interest in education, training and research and has published over 50 peer-reviewed articles. She is a member of the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD) the British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease (BSSVD), the BSSVD Education Group, the BAD Education Group and the British Association of Dermatologists Biologics Steering Committee. She is actively involved in many aspects of training and is Local Speciality Training Lead for Dermatology.
- Vulval Dermatology (Lichen Sclerosus, Lichen Planus)
- Principal Investigator for British Association of Dermatologists Biologic Interventions Register and BSTOP (Biomarkers of Systemic Treatment Outcomes in Psoriasis)
- British Association of Dermatologists
- Royal College of Physicians
- British Society for the Study of Vulval Disease
- North of England Dermatological Society
- British Medical Association