What we do
Welcome to the Department of ENT and Head and Neck Surgery.
This well established department provides general and specialist ENT care for the local population.
We provide a comprehensive list of treatments related to general ENT problems. We also provide a specialist treatment in the fields of complex rhinology (nose and sinus problems), otology (complex ear problems) and head, neck and thyroid cancers.
- Investigation and treatment of hearing loss
- Diagnosis and management of tinnitus
- Investigation and treatment of dizziness
- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of infections
- Treatment of nasal airways
- Sinus problems
- Allergies of the nose
- Tear duct problems
- Nasal trauma
- External and internal deformities of the nose
Throat, head and neck
- Snoring assessment advice and treatment
- Salivary gland diseases
- Voice problems
- Thyroid surgery
- Neck lumps (one stop neck lump clinic)
- Head and neck cancer.
General childrens ENT services
Emergency ENT clinics
Nurse led quick access tonsil clinics
Nurse led ear care clinics
Weekly head and neck cancer clinics (supported by oncologist (cancer specialist), Macmillan specialist nurse, clinical head and neck nurse specialist, speech therapist, dietitian)
This well established, modern department has always been at the forefront of innovative treatments and ways of working recognised by the Department of Health’s 'Action on ENT' Programme.
The department offers a range of sub-specialty services including:
- A regional centre for head and neck cancer treatment (with a comprehensive head and neck multi-disciplinary team)
- One stop neck lump clinic
- Specialist rhinology services
- Specialist otology services
- Specialist audiology services
- Nurse led tonsillectomy clinic
- Nurse led ear care clinic
Hospital comparative data shows us to have:
- Very high successful day case rate
- Low length of stay in hospital
- Low readmission rates
We also have low waiting times for outpatient appointments and surgery.
All of the national targets for head and neck cancer treatments have always been met.
Repeated internal surveys have shown high patient satisfaction with the ENT services.
We have a highly active level of audit and research within the department
How to access the service
The service is accessed via referral through the GP or via the Emergency Department.
Where to find us
Out-patient services are provided at St Peter’s Centre, Burnley Town Centre and at the Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital.
Inpatient services are located at Royal Blackburn Teaching Hospital
Mr Antonio Belloso - Consultant ENT - Head, Neck and Thyroid Surgeon
Mr Pradeep Morar – Consultant ENT - Head, Neck and Thyroid Surgeon
Mr Anurag Daudia - Consultant ENT - Rhinology Surgeon
Mr Surya Narayan - Consultant ENT - Otology Surgeon
Angela DiVito – Lead Sister for ENT, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (OMFS) and Urology
Sarah Fitch - Senior Nurse Practitioner– Nurse led tonsil and aural care clinics
Vanessa Donnelly - Clinical Nurse Specialist - Head and neck cancer
Hannah Kulbacki – Macmillan Nurse (Head and neck cancers)
Cara McCarthy – Dietitian
Kate Gosling – Speech and Language Therapist
Lucy Wilson – Speech and Language Therapist
Jeanette Ryde - Ward C22 Senior Sister
Diane Woodcock – ENT Departmental Sister (Outpatients department)
Jacqueline Lord – Personal Assistant to Mr Belloso (Clinical Lead)
Telephone 01254 734543
8am - 5pm (Monday - Friday)