What we do
The Lower Limb Vascular Team provides care and treatment on most aspects of leg care.The standards of care are high and through this the cardiovascular clinical team was awarded 'Team of the Year' by the General Practices Awards.
- Advanced vascular assessment
- Management of peripheral vascular disease in primary care
- Post angioplasty follow-up
- Risk factor reduction - stop smoking, lipid lowering drugs, anti-platelets, good diabetic control, repeat blood anaylsis
- Referral on to regular exercise - supervised programme
- Weight loss programme
- Pre and post exercise ABPI /Toe pressures
- Doppler waveform analysis
- Complex Leg Ulcer Advice
What to expect
- ABPI's / TBPI's
- Full holistic lower limb vascular assessment including Doppler ABPI's ( pre and post excercise )
- Waveform analysis
- Excercise assessment
- Leg Ulcer Management
- Self-management of condition
- Post-operative assessment following vascular surgery
- Assessment for suitability for compression hosiery if patient has obvious signs of venous disease
- Dietary advice
- Education and advice on lower limb vascular skin conditions
Where to find us
Clinic - Acorn Primary Health Care Centre, Blackburn Road, Accrington, BB5 1RT
Leg Cafes in - Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale, Hyndburn and Ribble Valley. For more information about the Leg Cafes, please call 01254 736251 for up-to-date details regarding clinic dates and times.
Tel (General number) : 01254 736251
Tel (Operational / Clinical Lead) : 01254 736244
The Acorn Centre - Patient Transport Services are available for this clinic for eligible users. All users are sent out directions and information regarding their appointment prior to attending.
For more information about the Leg Cafes, please call 01254 736251 for up-to-date datails regarding clinic dates and times.
In an emergancy or for more urgent matters please contact your GP, attend the nearest Urgent Care Centre or visit A&E.