We provide high quality healthcare services primarily to the residents of East Lancashire and Blackburn with Darwen, which have a combined population in the region of 530,000.
The Staff Thank you And Recognition or 'STAR' Awards honour staff nominated by their colleagues, patients or their families and carers.
We have now launched our STAR Awards for 2019 and are asking patients, families, carers and staff to get involved and nominate members of staff they feel have made a real difference.
Full criteria for each Award and details of the short-listing and nomination process can be found below:
· Nominations can be made by all employees of East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust
· Nominees must be current employees of East Lancashire Hospitals NHS Trust, students in training or volunteers within the Trust
· Nominators must provide their own details (e.g. name and email address) for the purpose of judging (and to get an invitation to the event, if their nominee is short-listed!)
· Nominators can only nominate an individual or team in one category. However, nominators can nominate separate individuals or teams in as many categories as desired.
· Nominations must be made on the official nomination form and completed in full. Each nomination must be submitted separately
Applications which arrive after this date will NOT be considered
· Short-listing will be conducted by a cross-divisional panel of staff in January 2019
· Short-listed candidates will be invited to meet with external specialist judges. The published criteria will be used to judge each award
· The decisions of the external judging panel will be final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding the decisions made
· Short-listed individuals and teams will be invited to the Awards Ceremony to be held as part of the ELHT Awards on Friday 3 May 2019 to be held at the Dunkenhalgh Hotel, Accrington.
The criteria for the categories for general nomination this year are:
Clinical Worker of the Year
The nominee will demonstrate high quality, personalised patient care and passion and commitment to their role, work effectively with their team and with relatives/carers, and embrace learning and development.
All staff, of whatever grade, in frontline patient roles
Non-Clinical Worker of the Year
The nominee will work hard to deliver above expectations for patients, colleagues and commissioners. They will work effectively with their team and across teams to overcome problems and realise positive customer/patient outcomes, and embrace learning and development.
All staff, of whatever grade, in admin., management and other support/ non-clinical roles
Compassionate Care Award
This category is open to anyone in a front-line role with patients, whatever their occupation or grade. The nominee will have consistently reflected compassionate care with patients and their families.
All staff in frontline roles
For an individual new to their role who has made a significant impact upon their workplace, through enthusiasm, embracing the Trust’s values and positively engaging with patients and their colleagues.
Individuals new to their role since Nov 2016
Role Model of the Year
This award will be given to an individual who has enabled their team/service/department to achieve their goals by acting as an exemplary role model. The nominee will have set high standards and values and championed these whilst encouraging and enabling others to do the same.
Reflecting exemplary leadership practices, the nominee will model, inspire, challenge, enable and encourage their team in order to achieve individual, team and service goals. They will strive to continuously improve their areas of responsibility, manage change effectively, and act with courage, passion and integrity.
All staff in a leadership role
Outstanding Achievement Award
This award is for an individual or team who has/have made an outstanding contribution to the organisation through e.g. demonstrating excellent patient care, supporting colleagues, going the extra mile to provide exceptional service, or implementing major significant changes effectively. They will inspire and act as a role model to others and show commitment and dedication to the Trust.
All staff, individuals or teams
Quality, Innovation & Research Award
Awarded to an individual or team for ideas or suggestions that have directly improved patient care and health outcomes through quality, innovations and;/or research initiatives. Nominees will be able to demonstrate the driving reasons for change, supporting evidence from best practice, how patients or colleagues were involved, and the difference it is making to their department and the wider Trust.
This award is for a member of staff or student on placement who goes the extra mile to help colleagues, patients or visitors. They will be someone held in high regard by their colleagues who shows consistent dedication and hard work.
All staff & students on placement
Volunteer of the Year
This award is for a volunteer or group of volunteers who excel in helping colleagues, patients or visitors. They will be greatly valued by staff and fellow volunteers and provide an excellent customer service on behalf of the Trust.
All volunteers, individuals or teams
Clinical Team of the Year & Non-Clinical Team of the Year (separate awards)
The team will have really made a difference and improved the quality of experience for patients and/or colleagues. They may e.g. have brought new solutions to old problems, exceeded performance expectations or set a new standard of excellence for customer service.
For all teams
Nominations are invited from members of the public for individual members of staff or teams who have made a significant and memorable difference to the lives and experience of patients and their families in outpatient, inpatient or community settings, during the last 12 month period.
All staff & teams
So, what are you waiting for?